Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Call For Help From Seniors

The Problem
America is in trouble. We are not going to be able to fix it overnight. Unfortunately, we as citizens have not been doing our due diligence protecting the Constitution. We all know that the mid-term elections are an important first step in getting America back on track. We ARE headed in the wrong direction as the Tea Party has shown us. Now we need to "Reclaim America" and her values and traditions.

Partial Solution
Glenn Beck broad casted a plea to all senior citizens yesterday to help solve America's problems. Here is what he said:

"What are our resources? What are the resources that we have? And the first thing that came to mind is the enormous mental and physical capacity that is sitting idol right now on a golf course... I'm asking the seniors. I'm asking you if you're retired! What the Hell are you doing on a golf course? What are you doing? I know you have worked your whole life for it and deserve the time off. I get it! But the Country's on FIRE and your the ones who can help!

You built the country, you served in wars, you built companies, you taught school, you raised a family, raised grandchildren... What haven't you done? We're gonna go to someone who's 15 years old to figure this out?

Think of the collective years of knowledge that is sitting idol right now. Waiting to do what? Get another tee time? To walk around in some goofy shorts?

I want to ask you this question. There are a lot of parents that are having to work two jobs and there are a lot of parents ... I talk to them all the time, I'd like to home school my kids, but I don't have the time. I don't have the time! We can't!

I understand that and its really huge, but let me tell you something. My grandparents Ed and Clara Jansen. My grandfather had a 4th grade education. My grandmother - she made it all the way. My grandpa had to go to work. And, some of my best memories as a kid are spending the days at their farm. Then spending time with your grandparents.

Will you consider home schooling your grandchildren? Picking it up as a project will give you purpose and new life. I promise you that if you teach the things...

Who thinks we have a problem with education in this country? [The audience all raised their hands]. OK. Who thinks it's getting better? [No one raised their hands].

YEAH!

The answer to our problem is knowing the correct history, knowing what's true, and they're not teaching that! They're not teaching critical thinking.

[They're] teaching obedience! They're not teaching what the skills of your grand kids are going to need to be able to re-build this country - are lost!

Once we loose your knowledge, it's GONE! So please, I'm asking you... Reach out... it will be the best decision of your life.
"

Action To Take
Ok, you are a senior or know one who is willing to move on this request. What should you/they do? Google the 912superseniors.org and become active in your local community.

No comments:

Post a Comment